Diploma in Bible Translation Entrance Requirements
A candidate who wants to enrol in the Diploma in Bible Translation training programme has to fulfil the following requirements:
- A calling and a passion for Bible translation
- Fluency in the receptor language and ability to use it creatively, if it is the mother tongue. Otherwise the ability of applying linguistic knowledge.
- Love for the receptor language and those who speak it
- Fluency in a language of wider communication in which a Bible Translation exists. This is normally also the language of instruction for the DBT programme.
- Recommendation by a local church as being active and in good standing.
- Three years of study at a theological institution approved by TWFTW.
- These formal requirements may be waived on the grounds of practical involvement in a Bible translation project or experience in the church
- Grade 12 or an equivalent standard of senior schooling
We consider applications on a case by case basis from those who do not satisfy all entrance requirements.
Master of Theology in Bible Translation Consultation
For more information or to apply for our Master in Bible Translation Consultation contact us.
Diploma in Bible Translation: Prices are charged according to annual budgeting. Contact us for details.
MTh in Bible Translation Consultation: Prices are on this SATS website.
The Word for the World does not have bursaries but assists its workers in funding training as it is able. We enable prospective and trainee translators who are working with us to participate in the training and to cover their costs for attending Diploma in Bible Translation training events. The same applies to prospective workers who have been invited to the first training event by the national leadership of TWFTW. We also assist suitable TWFTW translators financially to enable them to study further as funding is available. For details, please contact us.