Diploma in Bible Translation Entrance Requirements
A candidate who wants to enrol in the Diploma in Bible Translation training programme has to fulfil the following requirements:
- A calling and a passion for Bible translation
- Fluency in the receptor language and ability to use it creatively, if it is the mother tongue. Otherwise the ability of applying linguistic knowledge.
- Love for the receptor language and those who speak it
- Fluency in a language of wider communication in which a Bible Translation exists. This is normally also the language of instruction for the DBT programme.
- Recommendation by a local church as being active and in good standing.
- Three years of study at a theological institution approved by TWFTW.
- These formal requirements may be waived on the grounds of practical involvement in a Bible translation project or experience in the church
- Grade 12 or an equivalent standard of senior schooling
We consider applications on a case by case basis from those who do not satisfy all entrance requirements.
Diploma in Bible Translation:
$6,375 reduced to $6,000 if paid in full, or to $6,2000 if paid in two instalments ($3,100 each). For details of course prices see DBT Fees 2020.
Payment can be made in a number of currencies. Please contact us for details.
The Word for the World assists its workers in funding training through a bursary scheme. We also enable prospective translators who have been invited by the national leadership of TWFTW and are expected to work with us to participate in the training and to cover their costs for attending Diploma in Bible Translation training events. To download a bursary application form for the Diploma in Bible Translation click here.
We also assist suitable TWFTW translators financially to enable them to study further as funding is available. For details, please contact us.